Sunday, April 29, 2012

DIY Jewelry Frame



With the help of my very artistically inclined mom, I designed a frame that holds my jewelry. Before this, I was in a rut, always wearing the same three things because I was too lazy to untangle my necklaces. Anyone else in my position? If so, this is a very easy way to arrange your jewelry in a stylish way without having to buy one of those boring "jewelry trees".
These are the materials you will need:

1 Cork Frame (Homegoods has very cute stuff like this!)
1 pack of 5/8" Cup Hooks (Home Depot)
1 roll of ribbon (Michaels)
And of course all your jewelry!

First, lay out all your jewelry so you can determine the amount of hooks you'll need as well as the size of the frame.

Second, arrange the jewelry on the cork board without screwing the hooks in until you figure out a layout that works best for you. Keep in mind that you want to leave space for all the fabulous new jewelry you will buy in the future!

Third, screw in the hooks and hang your jewelry! As for the ribbon, use it for stud earrings. You can tie the ribbon to a hook and then pin your earring to the ribbon.

If you have any questions let me know!

Love always,
Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment