Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Amazon Fashion


Amazon.com is a great way to find pretty much everything you've ever wanted on a discount. I've bought at least three iPhone cases from Amazon in merely six months! Where else will you find phone cases worth their true value of $5? Definitely not at the Apple store. Well, here is some news for you ladies...Amazon is kicking into high-fashion gear.

Now, I know many of us are skeptical about buying clothes and shoes online. I know I am! What if it doesn't fit? What if they're uncomfortable? Trust me, your fears are universal. However, from what I have been reading in the New York Times article, "Amazon Leaps Into High End of the Fashion Pool", the company has been working to pay more attention to detail. They have hired women simply to try on shoes the entire day! I think I'd like that job (if I got to keep the shoes...of course). So from reading this, some fears have been calmed. It is nice to know that there are real-life people trying on what you will  be buying.

Probably the one thing that sets me back the most from shopping for clothes on Amazon is their lackluster brands. Recently, they have been working with Michael Kors (one of my favorites) and Vivienne Westwood. However, many designers are fighting the battle with Amazon because they do not want their brand to be swallowed by Amazon's unparalleled prices. Regardless, they are working to partner up with more designers which will help them become more of a "high fashion" retailer.

Also, a little fun fact from this article: models on the Amazon site will spin and pose to show you a full 360 view of the piece you wish to buy. I am really liking this idea because, in my opinion, clothes never look good in a static mug shot type of pose. Agree?

Even though Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, is not exactly Anna Wintour level (Vogue's editor in chief), his unique business approaches will continue to satisfy customers and will reel in all of us fashionistas looking for discounts!

Do you think Amazon will succeed in the fashion world? Post your comments!

Love always,
Mini

2 comments:

  1. I love amazon too! I bought a lot of stuff from there :) Just wanted to let you know that I am having a giveaway on my blog. Please check it out. Thanks.

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete