Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fancy Tops


For those of you who know me, you might not believe what I am about to say....high-top shoes are actually starting to grow on me! Yeah, that's right. High-top sneakers are becoming more and more prevalent in the world of fashion. As I read through my favorite fashion blogs, I realize that slowly but surely I am falling in love with outfits that incorporate bold high-top sneakers. Can you believe it?

I actually bought a pair myself a while back but have only worn them once because they are kind of difficult to pair. High-tops tend to have an urban feel to them, and if that's not your style you have to really learn how to incorporate them into your outfits.

For example, wear them with flower printed jeans and a delicate white t-shirt and you have transformed your high-tops into trendy feminine sneakers. You can also wear them with a casual dress or a bubble skirt and you've got the perfect summer-day outfit. These shoes are a great alternative to sneakers because they are the "in between" shoes. They are more fashion-forward than regular sneakers but still WAY more comfortable than heels. Agreed?

Below are some suggestions as well as some of my favorite high-top outfits:

From Top left to bottom: Nine West, Ash High Top Wedges, Ash Taupe, Elena Iachi
The Blonde Salad


So after reading this, would you wear high-top sneakers? Post your comments! I hope you are now more comfortable adding a cool pair of fancy tops to your outfits.

Love always,
Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment